CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS OF THE
RACING RASCALS QUARTER MIDGET ASSOCIATION (RRQMA)
ARTICLE 1 NAME AND PURPOSE
This organization shall be known as the RACING RASCALS QUARTER MIDGET ASSOCIATION. Referred to as RRQMA as a branch of QMA (QUARTER MIDGETS OF AMERICA).
Its purpose shall be to create and maintain a clean, safe, healthy sport which may be enjoyed by father, son, mother, and daughter in close relationship with better sportsmanship.
This shall be a non-profit organization. All earnings shall be used by the association to improve, expand and extend its facilities. Should this organization dissolve, and moneys left in the organization will be deposited with QMA for a period of five years. In the event RRQMA reforms, QMA will return this money.
- Said organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to the organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
- Upon the dissolution of the organization, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall public purpose. Any such assets not disposed of shall be disposed of by the court of Common Pleas of the county in which the principal office of the organization is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
ARTICLE 2 MEMBERSHIPS
Any person, man or woman who is interested in the objectives of RRQMA, may apply for membership in this organization. This organization reserves the right to refuse membership to any person.
All members shall take part in the programs as assigned and perform any other duties that may be asked of members.
- The annual RRQMA dues will be $50 to RRQMA. Families must join QMA separately ($150) on the quartermidgets.org . Only current paid ACTIVE RACING MEMBERS who have been members of RRQMA shall be entitled to vote, with one vote per RRQMA family member. Under no circumstances will absentee balloting be allowed. Only members present at a club meeting will be eligible to vote.
- RRQMA yearly sign up procedure for returning members: Register online through quartermidgets.org and pay the QMA fee online. QMA will email the secretary a form for the family to sign and this will need to be signed & returned with $50 RRQMA fee. The deadline for membership is January 15th and is mandatory for all said forms and fees. It is the responsibility of the returning RRQMA member to meet or exceed the January 15th due date. If a returning RRQMA member misses said deadline, he or she will pay a $75 late penalty. If you have prior approval from the club president, this late fee may be waived.
- RRQMA club dues must be paid prior to first club practice, race or training.
SECTION D MEMBER WORK RULE
Each calendar year each family with a full RRQMA membership must contribute a minimum of ten (10) hours of volunteer work to the club by participating in club work parties or in other club approved activities. These hours are for non -race day contributions above and beyond the regular volunteer jobs required to conduct race events. In lieu of the work hours a family may satisfy the work rule requirement with a monetary contribution of no less than $100 to the club that is not related to any other club fund raising efforts. A monetary contribution made in lieu of the hours required will not qualify the member family for any club member benefits.
Members transferred from another club will not have voting privileges for one calendar year unless unanimously approved by the Board of Directors.
Only members in good standing will have voting privileges.
SECTION G RRQMA TRACK ENTRY CRITERIA
At the beginning of each racing season the RRQMA board of directors will distribute 2 keys to the RRQMA racetrack. The first of these keys will be held by the club President with the second going to the Vice President. For an RRQMA member to gain access to the track when there is not an event scheduled the member will need to contact either the President or Vice President to setup access.
ARTICLE 3 CODE OF CONDUCT
Published QMA Code of Conduct procedures must be followed for all conduct matters. Exceptions: Any conflict between members may be resolved by the club officials at the time of occurrence. The maximum action that may be taken is to remove offending member (s) from the facility for that day only. If all parties involved in the conflict agree, the matter is closed and no further action is necessary. Any disciplinary action, including probation, which continues beyond the day of occurrence, will require the use of the QMA Code of Conduct procedure with correct documentation.
ARTICLE 4 OFFICERS
SECTION A TITLES
The board of officers of this club shall be a President, Vice President/Race Director, Secretary, Treasurer, Tower Head, Safety Director, and Technical Director.
SECTION B ELECTIONS AND TENURE
The officers shall be nominated from the floor of the last regular meeting in October with a verbal or written acceptance at that meeting. A majority vote shall be necessary, voting consist of: President, Vice President/Race Director, Secretary, Treasurer, Tower Head, Safety Director, and Technical Director. The Vice President is voted on with the understanding that he/she will be elevated to the position of President the following year unless the President is voted back in. The Vice President will stay the Vice President at that time. A quorum shall consist of those members present at any regular or special meeting of the club making up 50% or more of the RRQMA’s total membership.
SECTION C ELIGIBILITY
Any voting member of the club shall be eligible for election to any office provided that he/she:
- Is in good standing with RRQMA & QMA
- Has been a member of the club for at least one year.
SECTION D VACANCIES OF OFFICE
If any office shall be vacant, the President shall, at the earliest possible date thereafter, order a special election of the membership, for the purpose of filling such office. The member that is elected shall immediately enter upon his/her duties and shall hold office until the next regular election.
SECTION E DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- THE PRESIDENT SHALL:
- Preside at all meetings of the club.
- Call special meetings at his/her discretion.
- Appoint all committees not otherwise provided for.
- Make provision for the discharge temporarily, of necessary duties of absent or suspended members.
- Be allowed to vote as a member of good standing on board and/or club related issues. In some instances he/she may find it diplomatic to waive his/her right to interest. This will be done solely at the president’s discretion.
- See that regulations of the club are enforced.
- Carry our assignments and instructions given to him/her by the vote of the club.
- Appoint members to attend to the special needs of the club.
- Have custody of the RRQMA Constitution & Bylaws, RRQMA Rules & Regulations & other pertinent RRQMA documents.
- Act as a RRQMA representative to QMA & Region 9 Board of Directors.
- Serve as one of two signatures for conduction RRQMA banking.
a. Be an aide to the President and in case of his/her absence, disability, resignation; assume & perform the duties of the President.
b. Discuss/issue disciplinary actions to members after a determination of the board has been made. This will only occur if President is unable to fulfill his duty.
c. Represent RRQMA at Region 9 & QMA functions when needed or required.
d. Serve as race director unless their driver is involved in event, upon which the President or his/her designee will be assigned the duties of Race Director for that event.
e. Assist in race day duties as assigned by the board.
f. Provide added input to board meetings and other special events conducted by RRQMA Board of Directors and the club.
- THE VICE PRESIDENT SHALL:
- THE SECRETARY SHALL:
- Keep a permanent record book of the proceedings at all meetings.
- Issue notices of meetings and agendas, after consultation with the President.
- Conduct the correspondence of the club.
- Keep a current list of all members available.
- Hold custody of duplicate copies of all RRQMA documents as provided by RRQMA president.
- THE TOWER HEAD SHALL:
- Conduct & assign duties in tower during race day and keep race results from all events held during his/her tenure.
- Coordinate the time trails & work with the scorekeepers in setup of the race day lineups.
- Maintain a duplicate copy of race results, point standings, novice race participation & other documents as assigned.
- THE TREASURER SHALL:
- Collect all fees and dues during race day & other club functions.
- Pay bills of the club & render an account each month of all receipts and expenditures. Consult the President on RRQMA billings & their purposes and needs for continuations.
- Submit the books for annual audit by the RRQMA boar with a written report issued to the club by November of each year.
- THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR SHALL:
- Be in charge and handle the technical affairs of RRQMA per rules & regulations.
- Work with RRQMA Board and President to implement QMA rule changes and updates to technical manual.
- Conduct periodic technical inspections at his/her discretion.
- THE SAFETY DIRECTOR SHALL:
- Insure ALL members have proper safety equipment prior to race day.
- Handle all safety affairs of RRQMA and be responsible that all cars meet the QMA safety rules.
- Be observant at all times of any safety violations.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections at his/her discretion.
- Be responsible to the Race Director in seeing that the race track and equipment is in safe condition.
SECTION F BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Three (3) officers shall constitute a quorum at all officers meeting. The Board shall have the power and authority to enforce all rules and regulations as set forth in these bylaws and to conduct club business in the event of an emergency. An officer temporarily unable to perform any duties as specified in Section E shall provide adequate notification to the Race Director (if a race meet is involved) or a club meeting, the Race Director may assume that person’s voting rights and day to day responsibilities if approved by the Board of Directors.
SECTION G REMOVAL OF OFFICERS
Any officer may be removed for cause by the majority vote of RRQMA members. Should RRQMA seek to remove an elected office, a written notice must be submitted to him/her seven (7) days prior to conducting a vote.
ARTICLE 5 MEETING
SECTION A SPECIAL MEETING
Special meeting may be called by the President of the club when, after consulting the other officers, he/she is convinced that the need is sufficiently urgent, a special meeting will be held directly before the next race date or at another approximate time with prior notification to all members.
ARTICLE 6 SUSPENSIONS OF MEMBERS
Any member of RRQMA may be suspended if found guilty of any violations in the Club Rules and Regulations of the QMA rule book and/or Code of Conduct. The Board of directors will conduct any reviews and issue final rulings to the members.
If any member’s actions result in disciplinary action from RRQMA, QMA and Region 9 will be notified in writing of the proceedings.
Any member may be suspended from RRQMA for actions of activities detrimental to the objective and purposes of this organization. If action is taken on permanent suspension of any member, it will be decided by a majority vote of the RRQMA members present at a regular or special meeting with written notification to the potential suspended member seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
ARTICLE 7 AMENDMENTS
The Constitution and bylaws of the club may be amended at any regular meeting of the club with a majority vote. Written notice of rule change proposals must be submitted to RRQMA members within seven (7) days of a regularly scheduled meeting that voting may take place at.